[Geotiff] Datum and Ellipsoid Parameters

Masuo Takahashi takahashi.masuo at jaxa.jp
Tue Sep 14 01:56:04 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I would like to generate geotiff with several projections as
foolows;

1) Lat/Lon
   Datum: WGS84
   Ellipsod: GRS1980

2) Lat/Lon
   Datum: ITRF94
   Ellipsoid: GRS1980

What parameters(GeoTIFF Tags) can I set for generating each data
with these projections ?

At 1), "GeographicTypeGeoKey" and "GeogEllipsoidGeoKey" parameters
were set to 4326(GCS_WGS84) and 7019(Ellipsoid GRS1980), but
Ellipsoid parameter didn't seem to be set to GRS1980 by cheking
ERDAS IMAGINE Viewer ver 9.3. Meanwhile, ellipsoid data seemed to
be set correct in cheking  by listgeo command.

How can I verify that geo-information is set on the data ?

Best regards,
Masuo Takahashi  takahashi.masuo at jaxa.jp

Earth Obsercation Research Center
Spave Application Mission Directorate