[Geotiff] Coordinate Transformations

Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) Thomas.Moore2 at ATK.COM
Fri Dec 23 17:49:09 PST 2011

Hello,

I’m writing some software that will create a GeoTIFF from an image received from a sensor onboard an aircraft, but I’m a bit confused on what model type and associated parameters would be best to use. The image is rectangular, and I have the following formation:

- The latitude and longitude of the lower left (or lower right) corner.
- The rotation of the image.
- The pixel interval along the width of the image in meters.
- The pixel interval along the height of the image in meters.

Can anyone provide a suggestion on the best way to define the GeoTIFF tags to correctly represent this type of image?

Thanks,

Thomas