[Geotiff] geotifcp not removing geotiff headers?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 11:59:48 PST 2012

David,

I believe it is intentional that geotifcp copies the geotiff tags.  If
you use the
tiffcp program from libtiff you can strip off special tags like the
geotiff tags.
Note that geotifcp does have a mechanism to override the geotiff tags from
a textual geotiff tag input file (same as listgeo output).  Typically it is
used this way to apply new tags.

Best regards,