[Geotiff] Problem with listgeo

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Sep 1 19:40:30 PDT 2012

I'm trying to add back the geo tags to a tiff after gimp removes the geo
tag infomation. listgeo for the original file has the following:
      ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
         1.63760220398858e-051.11265575649021e-051

After added the tags back in with geotifcp, listgeo reports:
      ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
         1.63760220398858e-510                0

Is this a bug? I'm guessing that I can drop the least significant digit
from the first two values without too much accuracy loss. I'm unable to
test this because my application, OpenStreetMap josm editor, is reporting
insufficient memory to load the images. The modified image can be loaded is
QGIS but I I don't have any data to overlay to verify that it is properly
registered.

I'll be happy to report a bug is I'm not missing something.  This is my
first time attempting to modify a geotiff.

Thanks,
--
Clifford