[Geotiff] Migration to git and hosting on GitHub

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Dec 18 02:43:39 PST 2018

Hi,

For my ongoing work on integrating PROJ master (to be PROJ 6.0) in libgeotiff,
I had started a personal git mirror of the subversion repository. Following a
discussion with Howard, I'd like to propose that we discontinue the SVN
repository and officially switch to git.

So the repository migrated from SVN is at
https://github.com/OSGeo/libgeotiff

It has a master branch with SVN trunk content, and I manually recreated the
1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 tags (the git svn utility had issues with
identifying the SVN tags due to number directory renames and deletions
apparently earlier in the history of the SVN repository)

I think we should also discontinue Trac tickets and switch to GitHub issues
(similarly to what we did for the GDAL projection, I don't propose to migrate
exiting Trac tickets)

If nobody objects to this, I'll ask the OSGeo system administration committee
to put OSGeo libgeotiff SVN and tickets in read-only mode.

I have already two pull requests ready:
- one to add minimal Travis-CI testing:
	https://github.com/OSGeo/libgeotiff/pull/1

- another one (on top of the first one) with adding PROJ 6 as a required
dependency and remove all CSV files from the repository that are then no
longer needed:
	https://github.com/OSGeo/libgeotiff/pull/2

Best regards,

Even