[geotk] [Newbie] Image download and polygon drawing

Sam B totalsam at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 01:44:41 EDT 2009

Dear all,

After my successfully first steps with geotoolkit thanks to your help, I don't want to stop here !

I would like to continue the implementation, and I still need a little bit of help.

What I would like to do, is getting a map from a WMS server, store it on my harddisk (maybe via a serializable class) and display it on the screen. Then I would like to draw some polygons on it, and finally calculate their area.

Here are my questions :

- Is there a small example for getting an image from a WMS server ?
- What is the best way to draw some polygons and shape on it ? Just to use simple AWT objects ? I saw there's a org.geotoolkit.display.shape package, but it looks much more like an extension to some existing (AWT?) objects

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, and whish you a nice day,

Sam