[geotk] Need some help to work with geotoolkit-pending module

theuns theunsheydenrych at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:22:08 EDT 2009

HI Sunish

I have used the the widget for a while now.
I compile the geotoolit-pending library with mvn install
-Dmaven.test.skip

After a successful build i use the widget in a JFrame as follows.
The code below will not necessary compile because i copied it out
quickly from my current project.

The the the usage idea is there.
Hope it helps.

public class TestFrame extends javax.swing.JFrame {

    //Map widget stuff
    private JMap2D mapWidget;
    private MapContext contextSA =
ContextBuilder.buildSouthAfricaContext();

    public TestFrame() {
        setTitle("Test Frame");

        mapWidget = new JMap2D();
        mapWidget.getContainer().setContext(contextSA);

mapWidget.getCanvas().setRenderingHint(GO2Hints.KEY_MULTI_THREAD,
GO2Hints.MULTI_THREAD_OFF);

mapWidget.getCanvas().setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING,RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
        mapWidget.getCanvas().getController().setAutoRepaint(true);

        add(mapWidget) ;

    }

    /**
     */
        try {

UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(UserOverlayFrame.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
        } catch (InstantiationException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(UserOverlayFrame.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
        } catch (IllegalAccessException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(UserOverlayFrame.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
        } catch (UnsupportedLookAndFeelException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(UserOverlayFrame.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
        }

        java.awt.EventQueue.invokeLater(new Runnable() {

            public void run() {
                new TestFrame().setVisible(true);
            }
        });