[geotk] Need some help to work with geotoolkit-pending module

johann sorel johann.sorel at geomatys.fr
Tue Aug 25 10:28:21 EDT 2009

You simply can not have geographic datas without a Coordinate reference
system specified somehow.
Each crs, have completely different extends and units, for exemple
ESPG:4326 goes from -180 to 180 in degree units
while EPSG:3395 goes from (if I remember well) -2100000 to 2100000 in
meters units.
So without the srid defined in postgis, we can not access the datas
correctly nor render it correctly.

In the worst case, if you can't find out the srid you can always give
your datas a fake one, this will allow
you to open the datas and render them on the map but you must keep in
mind that the geometries will be incorrect (wrong scale, coordinates and
shape).

johann