[geotk] NoSuchMethod Exception in CRS.decode

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Aug 26 03:43:12 EDT 2009

Hello

suneesh kumar a écrit :
> Hello List. I am getting the following exception when trying
> CRS.decode("EPSG:3395"). Am I using some wrong jar files?

This is caused by the following change in GeoAPI:

    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEO-182

You have 2 choices: if you are using Maven, you can run "mvn install -U" once.
The -U option should forces Maven to looks for latest update of the GeoAPI JAR file.

However (this is the second choice), you don't need a new feature or bug fixes
commited recently, I would strongly suggest that you use one of the monthly
release. The latest release is 3.02. So,

  * If you are using Maven, you can replace <version>SNAPSHOT</version> by
    <version>3.02</version> in the declaration of Geotoolkit dependencies.

  * Or if you prefer the old way (JAR that you install yourself), you can
    pickup the JAR there: http://download.geotoolkit.org/3.02/
    (it does not include geotoolkit-pending however).

The advantage of depending on a monthly release instead of SNAPSHOT is that you
are sure that your code will not suffer from API changes during development,
like the one reported here. You can upgrate to the next release only at your
convenience. Before to upgrate, you can inspect the changes and see if it is
worth for your project. For example the geotoolkit (not including pending)
changes between the 3.01 and 3.02 releases are documented there:

     http://download.geotoolkit.org/3.02/changes.html

A release is performed every months. The 3.03 release will be performed
September 1st, in less than one week. It will have the JAR deployed to Maven and
the changes compared to 3.02 documented as above.

	Regards,