[geotk] Next step for WMS

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Aug 27 04:14:53 EDT 2009

Hello Sam

Sam B a écrit :
> I have the following exception :
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.opengis.referencing.operation.OperationMethod.getSourceDimensions()I

This is the same issue than the one raised by Suneesh Kumar:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geotoolkit/2009-August/000124.html

If you don't need a bug fixes or a new features added in the last 3 weeks, then
the safest approach is to depend on a Geotk stable version instead than
snapshot. My proposal: define the following in your pom.xml:

   <properties>
     <geotk.version>3.02</geotk.version>
   </properties>

Then update your Geotk dependencies as in the example below (the interresting
part is the <version> element):

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.geotoolkit</groupId>
     <artifactId>geotk-referencing</artifactId>
     <version>${geotk.version}</version>
   </dependency>

That way, you will not suffer from changes during the development phase. A new
releases is performed the 1st of every month, so if you wish to upgrate to Geotk
3.03 next week you will have only one line to edit (the <geotk.version> property
above). If exceptionnaly you need a new feature before the release is performed,
you can temporarily switch <geotk.version> to SNAPSHOT and come back to stable
version after the next release.

If nevertheless you need to stay on SNAPSHOT, then try the following:

   mvn clean install -U

The -U option matter - it will force Maven to download again GeoAPI 2.3-SNAPSHOT.