[geotk] Next step for WMS

Sam B totalsam at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:39:30 EDT 2009

Johann,

I created the two JIRA requests. I joined the corrected java file as an attachment regarding the simple "null" test.

For the display issue (regarding volatile image), I made the following tests :

- installed DirectX
- updated the graphic card drivers
- changed the screen resolution

and nothing changed, the bug still is here. I have an Intel mobile 4 graphic chipset.

I tried another computer. Completely different model, but it has an Intel chipset as well... and it doesn't work correctly. Same bug :-(

Is it related to the graphic card ?

No idea. In the meantime, do you know a workaround or something I could do to go any further ? I saw there are two canvasses : one is buffered, the other one is volatile.

Is it easy to switch from one to the other ? I saw there is a SwingVolatileGeoComponent which instantiates a volatime canvas, but wasn't able to find the buffered counterpart.

Is it possible that I simply "translate" this class, or it is not so trivial ?

Thanks in advance,

Sam