[geotk] Custom projection math transform

Sam B totalsam at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:39:34 EDT 2009

Dear all,

A few weeks ago, I posted a question regarding a custom projection.

I wanted to transform from a known CRS (ECEF or WGS84) into a custom projection. Martin helped me a lot, telling me how to construct the ProjectedCRS.

He also mentionned about the MathTransform (which is what I currently need). I just don't understand a few things : I guess the MathTransform needs to know the source AND the target CRS, am I wrong ? Because, on the previous post, Martin only told about defining a source CRS...

Is it a way to create a math transform (MathTransformFactory?) knowing the (maybe custom) source CRS and the (maybe custom as well) target CRS ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sam