[geotk] EPSG database and JavaDB/Derby

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Fri Oct 9 10:23:00 EDT 2009

Hello Jon

Jon Blower a écrit :
> Here it is (abridged).  Looks like it's trying to create a database in
> my home space but Derby isn't available.
>
> org.opengis.referencing.NoSuchAuthorityCodeException: Authority "EPSG"
> is not available. The cause is: No suitable driver found for
> jdbc:derby:C:\Documents and Settings\Jon\Application Data\Geotoolkit\EPSG/7.01;create=true
>         at org.geotoolkit.referencing.factory.MultiAuthoritiesFactory.getAuthorityFactory(MultiAuthoritiesFactory.java:514)

I have to admit that I didn't tested the JavaDB-based factory on Windows (which
is admitly a huge negligence) and I wonder if the ":" part in "C:\" is causing
confusion in the context of JDBC URL. I need to investigate.

In the main time, could you try to force the usage of the PropertyEpsgFactory
with the following code please? (hoping it work as expected - please let me
known if it doesn't).

Hints.putSystemDefault(Hints.CRS_AUTHORITY_FACTORY, PropertyEpsgFactory.class);