[geotk] Can I prevent Geotoolkit from spawning new threads?

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Oct 14 09:12:57 EDT 2009

Jon Blower a écrit :
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at org.geotoolkit.factory.FactoryFinder.getNameFactory(FactoryFinder.java:255)
> 	at org.geotoolkit.referencing.factory.AbstractAuthorityFactory.(AbstractAuthorityFactory.java:94)

Ah, okay. The Factory system get trigged when Geotk wants a NameFactory. Do you
have the possibility to make experiment on a modified version of Geotk? If so
could you try the following (assuming you have Mercurial and Maven installed)?

   cd <your project directory>
   hg clone http://hg.geotoolkit.org/geotoolkit/
   cd geotoolkit

   # Edit org.geotoolkit.referencing.factory.AbstractAuthorityFactory at
   # line 94: replace the use of FactoryFinder by a direct instantiation
   # of DefaultNameFactory.

   mvn install -DskipTests

   # Run the following only if you want the bundles.
   # Ignore the error message about Javadoc. You will
   # find the bundles in the target/bundles directory.
   mvn org.geotoolkit.project:geotk-jar-collector:pack-specific --non-recursive

   # If you are happy with your changes and want to keep
   # them, commit. Note that they are commited on your local
   # machine, but from that point you can share your changes
   # with anyone you wish.
   hg commit -m "Avoid usage of FactoryFinder."