[geotk] Netcdf Coverage

Fabien Carrion fabien.carrion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:51:57 EST 2010

Hello,

Ok I just tried the geotk nightly snapshot from
http://download.geotoolkit.org/SNAPSHOT/ and I get also a
NoSuchMethodError in the NetCDF and GRIB library.
ucar.grib.grib2.Grib2Input.isValidFile(Lucar/unidata/io/RandomAccessFile;)Z
	at
ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.GribGridServiceProvider.isValidFile(GribGridServiceProvider.java:76)
	at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:742)
	at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:403)

I just check in the last source of the stable grib jar from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

and the class Grib2Input doesn't have any method isValidFile

I compared GribGridServiceProvider.isValidFile from geotk-bundle.jar and
netcdf-4.2.jar

and I have

geotk-bundle.jar

  public boolean isValidFile(RandomAccessFile raf) {
    try {
      return Grib2Input.isValidFile(raf); } catch (Exception e) {
    }
    return false;
  }

netcdf-4.2.jar

  public boolean isValidFile(RandomAccessFile raf)
  {
    try
    {
      raf.seek(0L);
      raf.order(0);

      Grib2Input g2i = new Grib2Input(raf);
      int edition = g2i.getEdition();
      return ((edition == 1) || (edition == 2));
    } catch (Exception e) {
    }
    return false;
  }

In the changelogs of geotk-bundle.jar we have
CHANGES for Netcdf-Java library
Version 4.2.20100930.2314
Build Date = 2010-09-30 23:14:01

and in the netcdf-4.2
Version 4.2.20100527.2031
Build Date = 2010-05-27 20:31:52

It seems like geotk-bundle is using a preprelease or an rc version of
netcdf, which use also a prerelease of grib. I search on netcdf website
and didn't find it.

Thanks