[geotk] Geotk 3.08 milestone released

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Mon Feb 1 09:24:34 EST 2010

Hello all

Geotk 3.08 has been deployed on the Maven repositories
(http://maven.geotoolkit.org) and in the download area
(http://download.geotoolkit.org).

Whats new
---------
The main new feature in the base Geotk library is the port of the
NetcdfImageReader that I wrote with Antoine Hnawia in GeoTools, with more
extensive support of metadata. NetcdfImageReader is a wrapper around the UCAR's
NetCDF library version 4.1 which allow loading NetCDF data through the standard
javax.imageio.ImageReader API.

The main new feature in the Geotk-pending library is the port of the GeoTools
DataStore, with some (but still unfinished) cleaning.

NetCDF dependencies
For Maven users, nothing changed. You get the NetCDF dependencies only if your
project depends explicitly on the geotk-coverageio-netcdf module.

For those who prefer the PACK200 bundles, the NetCDF dependencies has been added
to the all bundles except the referencing bundle. Note that the dependencies
does not include (at this time) the GUI classes, the VisAD library (because it
is large and more a graphical library than an I/O one) and the grid.jar file
(because in our reading of the legal stuff, it doesn't look like that we are
allowed to redistribute its jpeg2000.jar dependency).

	Regards