[geotk] code for parsing WMS Capabilities docs

Cédric Briançon cedric.briancon at geomatys.fr
Wed May 19 08:19:27 EDT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

some answers about the point your highlightening.

2) Indeed you can't give an updatesequence for the moment to the current
implementation of the WMS client. This is something known and to do, I
will create a task for that particular case on the jira at
http://jira.geotoolkit.org.

3) You're right there is no getTitle() or getAbstract() method in the
WMS xml binding on AbstractLayer. But you have a getName() method that
could probably returned something interesting about the layer. Another
option for the current implementation is to cast your AbstractLayer in
org.geotoolkit.wms.xml.v111.Layer or org.geotoolkit.wms.xml.v130.Layer
if you know the version at this point. On those subclasses you have the
methods getTitle() and getAbstract().
Anyway, the two methods you ask for should be present in the
AbstractLayer class since all subclasses already implements these
methods, and it really has a meaning on AbstractLayer to have those
methods. I will add them in a couple of hours.

4) I will have a look to that point too.

Regards,
Cédric Briançon.