[geotk] getting error NoSuchAuthorityCodeException: No code "EPSG:3395 on windows XP and Solaris 10

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Fri Sep 10 04:01:06 EDT 2010

Hello

Le 10/09/10 09:09, Gopinath Asutosh a écrit :
> a) I am developing a netbeans module based on geotoolkit 3.13. I am trying to
> load a shp file using CRS.decode("ESPG: 3395"). It is giving following error.
> However it works on windows server 2003.
> ===
> org.opengis.referencing.NoSuchAuthorityCodeException: No code "EPSG:3395" from
> authority "European Petroleum Survey Group" found for object of type
> "CoordinateReferenceSystem".

On Unix system, Geotk should have created the following directory in your home
directory. Could you check if this directory exists?

     .geotoolkit.org/EPSG/7.05

On Windows, this directory should be in "Application Data/Geotoolkit.org".

If this directory doesn't exist, does the application has write permission for
creating it? Alternatively, you can create the ".geotoolkit.org" directory by
hand and give write permission only to that directory.

If this directory exists, you can try to delete the "7.05" directory. Geotk
should recreate it next time a CRS is requested. This is sometime useful if the
database has been corrupted in some way.

Please let us known if the problem persist.

> b) Windows 2003 is able to load mtp100.shp but gives underflow error if i try
> arc110.shp (see attachment). However, geotools Quickstart can load both types
> successfully.
> ==
> java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
> at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:480)
> at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.getDouble(DirectByteBuffer.java:895)
> at org.geotoolkit.data.shapefile.shp.MultiLineHandler.read(MultiLineHandler.java:142)

This one is for Johann. I let him answer :).

	Regards,