[geotk] NetCDF Coverage Reading issue

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Fri Feb 18 05:50:14 EST 2011

Hello again

Le 18/02/11 05:22, Aaron Braeckel a écrit :
> (...snip...)
> I have placed a copy of this file under
> http://www.rap.ucar.edu/~braeckel/data/CIP_20100508_v_200000_l_0000000.nc.
> Note that this file is not CF-compliant and it is NetCDF 4 (HDF 5) format.  I
> think it is the data model causing problems rather than the format, though.

Being not CF-compliant may be the cause - it depends if the UCAR library
recognized the convention since Geotk relies it. However there is also
unfinished work on the Geotk size. This issue is actually closely linked to the
issue posted in the previous email.

I filled an other JIRA task, which contains also a link to a proposed workaround:

http://jira.geotoolkit.org/browse/GEOTK-155

Could this workaround be applicable in the main time?