[geotk] Envelope/bbox transformation

Aaron Braeckel braeckel at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 9 23:37:23 EST 2011

Hello,

are there any existing methods for transforming an entire Envelope into
another CRS?  This is not a trivial process given the potential
non-linear relationships between different CRSs.  We have previously
dealt with this by subsampling along the edges of the envelope, applying
a number of tests (like isNAN() on each point, and ensuring the edges of
the subsampled polygon do not cross one another) getting the min/max of
these coordinates, and so on.  Before I head off and re-implement it,
does anything like this exist in Geotk right now?

Thanks,
Aaron