[geotk] Spherical-earth CRS

Jon Blower j.d.blower at reading.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 12:15:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just noticed DefaultGeographicCRS.SPHERE in Geotoolkit-3.17.  I was slightly surprised to find that I could create a MathTransform between this CRS and DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84 without Geotoolkit complaining about the datum shift (I didn't specify lenient=true).  Does this mean that I can safely use this transform to take spherical-earth data into WGS84 coordinates?  This might be useful for us since numerical model data often uses a spherical-earth approximation.

Cheers, Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre