[geotk] CSW client : marshalling issue

Damiano ALBANI damiano.albani at univ-nantes.fr
Tue May 17 10:47:12 EDT 2011

Hello,

This time, I have a marshalling issue, related to dates.
Given a Citation object with this getDates() getter:

     @Override
     public Collection<? extends CitationDate> getDates() {
         List<CitationDate> dates = new ArrayList<CitationDate>();

         dates.add(new CitationDate() {
             @Override
             public DateType getDateType() {
                 return DateType.PUBLICATION;
             }

             @Override
             public Date getDate() {
                 return new Date();
             }
         });

         dates.add(new CitationDate() {
             @Override
             public DateType getDateType() {
                 return DateType.CREATION;
             }

             @Override
             public Date getDate() {
                 return new Date();
             }
         });

         return dates;
     }

GeoToolkit generates some XML which only contains half the information:

<gmd:identificationInfo>
<gmd:MD_DataIdentification>
<gmd:citation>
<gmd:CI_Citation>
                     [...]

<gmd:date>
<gmd:CI_Date>
<gmd:dateType>
<gmd:CI_DateTypeCode codeSpace="eng" codeListValue="publication"
codeList="http://schemas.opengis.net/iso/19139/20070417/resources/Codelist/gmxCodelists.xml#CI_DateTypeCode">Publication</gmd:CI_DateTypeCode>
</gmd:dateType>
</gmd:CI_Date>
</gmd:date>
<gmd:date>
<gmd:CI_Date>
<gmd:dateType>
<gmd:CI_DateTypeCode codeSpace="eng" codeListValue="creation"
codeList="http://schemas.opengis.net/iso/19139/20070417/resources/Codelist/gmxCodelists.xml#CI_DateTypeCode">Creation</gmd:CI_DateTypeCode>
</gmd:dateType>
</gmd:CI_Date>
</gmd:date>

                     [...]
</gmd:CI_Citation>
</gmd:citation>

See, the actual date value is missing, only the type of date is shown.
I am using Geotoolkit 3.x-SNAPSHOT.

Furthermore, I saw that the value returned by Citation.getEditionDate()
is not serialized at all. Don't know if it's done on purpose.

Thanks,

--
Damiano ALBANI