[geotk] Trouble reading GMT grid file

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Nov 3 13:26:43 EDT 2011

Hello Brian

Le 03/11/11 17:55, Brian Schlining a écrit :
> Caught: org.geotoolkit.coverage.io.CoverageStoreException: Can't read file "GreaterMontereyBay_UTM10N_50m.grd".
> No suitable image reader for this input.

The ".grd" file suffix was not registered as a NetCDF file suffix (but ".grb",
".grb1", ".grb2" were among others). I added ".grd" to the list; it will be
included after the next nightly build of the default branch. Thank for spotting
that.

> If I change the files extension to .nc, I get the following exception:
> maplot.groovy ~/Downloads/GreaterMontereyBay_UTM10N_50m.nc
> Caught: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ucar.nc2.VariableIF.getName()Ljava/lang/String;
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ucar.nc2.VariableIF.getName()Ljava/lang/String;

This error sound like a mismatched version of the NetCDF library on the
classpath... I mean, I think that the NetCDF library which is on your classpath
is not the one Geotk was built with. Which Geotk version are you using? Geotk
3.18 required NetCDF 4.2.20, while Geotk 3.19 and current trunk requires NetCDF
4.2.26.

     Regards,