[geotk] Trouble reading GMT grid file

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Nov 3 18:19:10 EDT 2011

Le 03/11/11 21:32, Brian Schlining a écrit :
> Hmmm, very interesting, I don't see it in the jar I have. Did John remove the method for a release and then put it back and re-release under the same version?

NetCDF 4.2.26 has not been deployed on Maven Central
(http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22edu.ucar%22%20AND%20a%3A%22netcdf%22).
This is a deployment I did myself on
http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/netcdf/ from the code on
http://svn.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/thredds/branch/RB-TDS-4.2. Maybe someone else
deployed a NetCDF 4.2.26 on an other repository from a slightly different code.
It may be interresting to delete your ~/.m2/repository/edu/ucar/netcdf/
directory, build again and see from which repository Maven download the NetCDF
jar file.

>   I see it in v4.2 and v4.3(dev) although 'getName' is now deprecated, the docs say use 'getFullName' or 'getShortName' instead.
Yes, I noticed that. As a safety, I replaced every calls to 'getName()' by
'getShortName()'. This change should be effective tomorrow after Hudson has done
its job, if it is okay for you to try the 3.x-SNAPSHOT version...

As a side note, since you are trying NetCDF, I'm actively working on this part
lately :-). I just commited a few days ago this class:

http://www.geotoolkit.org/apidocs/org/geotoolkit/image/io/metadata/NetcdfISO.html

You can try code like below for instance:

         NetcdfFile file = NetcdfFile.open("myNetCDF.nc");
         NetcdfISO ncISO = new NetcdfISO(file, null);
         Metadata metadata = ncISO.createMetadata();
         file.close();
         System.out.println(metadata);

This will be integrated with Image I/O metadata later.