[geotk] Question about mashalling an indeterminatePosition in a TimePeriod

François ANDRE francois.andre.perso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:17:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to mashall a TimePeriod whose endPosition is set to NOW.
I'm using geotk-metadata-3.20-sources.jar

My code is the following:

@Test
public void testIndeterminateTimePeriod() throws Exception
{
DefaultTemporalExtent defExtent = new DefaultTemporalExtent();
TimePositionType beginPosition = new
TimePositionType(Calendar.getInstance().getTime());
TimePeriodType period = new TimePeriodType(beginPosition);
period.setEndPosition(TimeIndeterminateValueType.NOW);
ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
defExtent.setExtent(period);
XML.marshal(defExtent, outputStream);
String result = outputStream.toString();
System.out.println(result);
}

But in the result, "now" is replaced by "after"

 <gmd:extent>
        <gml:TimePeriod gml:id="IZVD69">
            <gml:beginPosition>2013-01-09T15:06:20+01:00</gml:beginPosition>
            <gml:endPosition indeterminatePosition="after"/>
        </gml:TimePeriod>
    </gmd:extent>

I understand that this replacement is operated in the TimePeriod
constructor:

public TimePeriod(final Period period) {
        super(period);
        if (period != null) {
            if (MarshalContext.versionGML(MarshalContext.GML_3_0)) {
                begin = new TimePeriodBound.GML3(period.getBeginning(),
"before");
                end   = new TimePeriodBound.GML3(period.getEnding(),
"after");
            } else {
                begin = new TimePeriodBound.GML2(period.getBeginning());
                end   = new TimePeriodBound.GML2(period.getEnding());
            }
        }
    }

But I don't understand the reason of the replacement : is it a bug or
should any indeterminated period be replaced by "after", or (more likely),
is it my code which is simply wrong ?

Cheers

François