[geotk] Question about behaviour of geotoolkit version 3.19

Cemernek, David david.cemernek at infonova.com
Wed Nov 27 08:08:25 PST 2013

Dear geotoolkit developers!

My name is David Cemernek and I am working for the company Infonova. We are using the geotoolkit (version 3.19) in one of our projects for calculating distances between locations.
For a pair of locations, we get an exception while calculating the distance for these two locations. I am sorry to bother you but I downloaded the source code of geotoolkit and I do not know why the attached program is producing an exception.

Program to reproduce error: TestGeotoolkit.java (also with .txt ending in case an antivirus software deletes it :)
Output of the program: Output_TestGeotoolkit.txt

Due to that fact I don't know what the loop in line 1062 is actually doing, I don't want to open an Jira issue, because I don't know why this exception is thrown when the loop runs more than 12 times? Because I think that the distance between the given source and target location is below 20.000 km, and there for should be correct (or is the max distance in the used ellipsoid below this limit?)

I hope you can help me.

Yours sincerely, David

Mag. David Cemernek
Senior Technology Consultant

INFONOVA GmbH
A BearingPoint Company
Seering 6
8141 Unterpremstätten/Graz
Austria

T + 43 316 8003 2317
M + 43 664 81 61 818
F + 43 316 8003 1080

david.cemernek at infonova.com<mailto:david.cemernek at infonova.com>
www.infonova.com<http://www.infonova.com/>

INFONOVA GmbH
Sitz: Unterpremstätten bei Graz
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht für ZRS Graz
Firmenbuchnummer: FN 44354b

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.