[geotk] NullPointerException with WFSFeatureStore

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Dec 11 01:01:14 PST 2014

Le 11/12/14 17:34, Emmanuel Blondel a écrit :
> I'v tested the WFS client with SNAPSHOT. No more warning about
> timeout, but see stacktrace and errors at: http://pastebin.com/crLnitsE
> Any idea?

The warnings are about java.util.prefs not having permission to write in
the system-wide preference variables. This warnings occur even if Geotk
only wants to check if a preference exist - it does not want to write
anything, but apparently the JDK insists for creating empty nodes
anyway. This problem exists since JDK 1.4 and seems to have never been
solved. In Apache SIS, we will avoid the use of system preferences. In
the main time, they can be safely ignored (we should probably remove
them from Geotk too, as I don't think that many peoples use them).

The exception is because there is no Derby driver in the classpath.
Geotk does not put the Derby driver in transitive dependencies, because
some projects prefer to use PostgreSQL, HSQL or Oracle instead. Adding
the following in you pom.xml should solve the problem (again, for Apache
SIS we will try to find a better solution):

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
        <artifactId>derby</artifactId>
        <version>10.10.1.1</version>