[geotk] datum shift missing

Dieter Stüken d.stueken at conterra.de
Fri Sep 5 05:13:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

I participate on developing some frequency-analysis software tool (Java) for about ten years now:
http://www.irt.de/en/activities/programme-distribution/frequency-planning-software.html

We have a lot of legacy code on board, but we also try to introduce advanced technologies.
We switched to Java8 already and started using JavaFX  instead of Swing, since it is (still) a desktop application....

I observe the development of Geotk and SIS since a year, and the transition to SIS has many ideas in common with our current approach.
So my first try was to use the referencing module to replace our internal coordinate transformations.
Our current implementation depends on a very old  geotoolkit version I want to get rid of.

Since we use only a small set of CRs (about 5-6) those are hardcoded and I don't like to involve the full EPSG database.
Unfortunately I did not get the datum shift working.

I tracked it down to where the transformation matrices are build and ended up here:

https://github.com/Geomatys/geotoolkit/blob/master/modules/referencing/geotk-referencing/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/referencing/operation/DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java#L1080

which performs the concatenation but finally does not use the result matrix returned :(

I even found a unit test for this:

https://github.com/Geomatys/geotoolkit/blob/master/modules/referencing/geotk-referencing/src/test/java/org/geotoolkit/referencing/operation/COFactoryUsingMolodenskyTest.java#L451

but unfortunately it is @Ignored.

Do I miss something?