[geotk] Issue with JAXPFeatureTypeReader

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Sat Jul 4 12:36:39 PDT 2015

Hello Emmanuel

Le 04/07/15 21:27, Emmanuel Blondel a écrit :
> Indeed i was using the opengis interface until now, but i was getting
> THE_GEOM with PropertyType name. Thanks for the hints it works by
> switching to the geotk model.
> In relation with the work on Apache SIS, can you clarify when i could
> revert to use opengis model? (will it be part of apache sis 0.6 release?)

The new feature model will be part of Apache SIS 0.6 release (partially
- more on it below), but it will be used only by SIS classes, which for
now is limited to an experimental ShapeFile reader. Geotk will continue
to use the Geotk model for a little while. The work for transitioning
Geotk to the new model is already under way, but we do not know how yet
when we will complete it. Johann is in best position for giving more
details.

About the feature model to be released with Apache SIS 0.6: the official
Apache release, deployed on Maven central and mirrored on numerous
servers, will contains only the feature implementation without the
corresponding GeoAPI interfaces. This mean that user would need to use
the implementation classes directly (e.g. DefaultFeatureType) instead
than their interfaces (FeatureType). This is because the official Apache
release depends only on the official GeoAPI release, which is 3.0.
Feature interfaces will need to be approved by an OGC working group
before we can deploy them on Maven central.

However the non-official "SIS 0.6-jdk7" release deployed on
http://maven.geotoolkit.org will use the not-yet-approved GeoAPI feature
interfaces, and Geotk uses that non-official "SIS 0.6-jdk7" release.
This allow us to experiment them and get feedback before we propose them
for standardisation at OGC.

    Regards,