[geotk] 4.0-M4 milestone available

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Tue Sep 22 15:23:06 PDT 2015

Hello all

Apache SIS 0.6 has been released last Friday. As part of the transition
from Geotk to SIS, we have deployed on http://maven.geotoolkit.org a
Geotk 4.0-M4 milestone. This milestone has bug fixes and improvements,
but also some classes removed in favour of Apache SIS classes. The
removed classes are mostly in some (not yet all)
org.geotoolkit.referencing sub-packages.

Note on dependencies:

  *

    The official Apache SIS release is the "0.6" version, deployed on
    Maven Central. That version depends on GeoAPI version 3.0.0, which
    is currently the only version officially released by OGC.

  *

    Geotk 4.0-M4 depends on a *non-*official SIS release, identified by
    version "0.6-jdk7" and deployed only on maven.geotoolkit.org. The
    main difference between the official Apache release and our custom
    release is that the later depends on GeoAPI 4.0-M04, which is also a
    non-official milestone. It allows us to experiment GeoAPI interfaces
    to be proposed to OGC. Our long-term goal is to have Geotk to depend
    only on official releases (this will happen naturally as more code
    move to Apache SIS), but it may take 2 years before we reach this goal.