[geotk] cartesian to geocentric transform

lucio Piccoli lucio_piccoli at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:57:02 PDT 2016

hi all

i need some help on converting a mesh model from local origin cartesian  (from a modelling tool) to a geocentric one.
i found the nice transform from WGS to (ECEF) GEOCENTRIC which i use to transform the model origin to a geocentric point.
        CoordinateReferenceSystem targetCRS = PredefinedCRS.GEOCENTRIC;        CoordinateReferenceSystem  sourceCRS = PredefinedCRS.WGS84_3D;        MathTransform tr = CRS.findMathTransform(sourceCRS, targetCRS);

i wish to use this point as my local origin for the rest of the model in geocentric coordinates.

i do NOT want to transform every point to ECEF (origin earth centre) , as it will introduce jitter to the visualation.but rather transform the points to GEOCENTRIC coordinates *relative* to my own origin.
does that make any sense?

-lucio