[geotk] Rendering of Glyph/Legend of symbolizers

Stephane Fellah stephanef at imagemattersllc.com
Wed Nov 1 16:30:48 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have found a number of issues with the DefaultGlyphService and
DefaultLegendService to render symbolizers.

1) For PointSymbolizer referring to external image GraphicSymbol, the image
is clipped whether I set the dimension or not.

final Dimension preferredSize =
DefaultGlyphService.glyphPreferredSize(symbolizer, dimension, null);
// Create glyph image.
DefaultGlyphService.create(symbolizer, preferredSize, null);

For example for the following icon:
http://ows.usersmarts.com/ems/icons/tier1/Base/ems.incident.civil.emergency.png

It renders like this picture:

[image: Inline image 1]

How should I configure the DefaultGlyphService and DefaultLegendService to
render the whole image within the dimension I specify.

2) The rendering of glyph /legend for PolygonSymbolizer does not render
marks (such circle. square), but does on the layer.

What the default set up to create a legend the render the symbolizer as
specified. Is there any work around to solve this problem?

3) The line symbolizer does not seem to take in account linecap, linejoin
parameter on the legend/glyph.

I have an internal demo Friday for OGC to demonstrate a semantic portrayal
service based on Gtk portrayal engine. I would appreciate if you can give
me some solutions for these issues.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephane Fellah