[geotk] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not handle this instance of ‘Geometry’ because arbitrary implementations are not yet supported.

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Sat Jun 23 03:45:48 PDT 2018

Hello Stéphane

Le 22/06/2018 à 19:42, Stephane Fellah a écrit :

> I have tried to read GeoJSON from Geotk 5.0 snapshot and I get the
> following error
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not handle this instance of
> ‘Geometry’ because arbitrary implementations are not yet supported.

I don't see the stack trace, but I guess that the exception come from
org.apache.sis.internal.feature.JTS, is that right? If yes, this this is
already fixed in Apache SIS, but not yet used by Geotk because we have
not finished updating the dependency following Apache SIS migration from
Subversion to Git [1]. A side effect of this migration is that SIS
branches have been renamed, and version string changed from
"1.0-JDK8-SNAPSHOT" to "dev-1.0-SNAPSHOT". We are still trying to fix
JUnit test errors; as soon as it is completed I will let you know.

    Regards,

        Martin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-422