[gips] gippy geovector where

Bobby Braswell rbraswell at appliedgeosolutions.com
Tue Aug 18 11:17:11 PDT 2015

It looks like the where method on geovector is overloaded so that you can pass in sql. But I get the error below which suggests it doesn’t. As I write this I’m guessing that the python bindings can only know about one implementation. If that’s true it would be great to have a switch so I could pass in sql and not just be limited to an = comparison.

Rob

(venv)rbraswell at rio:~/repo/gips$ gips_inventory modis -p indices -d 2010-100 -s /atlas/projects/cyanomap/vectors/ -v4 -w “area > 100"
GIPS Data Inventory (v0.8.0rc6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rbraswell/repo/gips/gips/scripts/inventory.py", line 46, in main
    args.tiles, args.pcov, args.ptile)
  File "/home/rbraswell/repo/gips/gips/core.py", line 94, in factory
    features = open_vector(site, key, where)
  File "/home/rbraswell/repo/gips/gips/utils.py", line 275, in open_vector
    return vector.where(where)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gippy/gippy.py", line 5301, in where
    return _gippy.GeoVector_where(self, *args)
TypeError: GeoVector_where() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Data inventory error: GeoVector_where() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
(venv)rbraswell at rio:~/repo/gips$