[GIS.lab] gis.lab unit: external disc or mounted directory via sshfs

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:56:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am using at my university GIS.lab Unit for GIS education.  My Unit
has 60GB disc, it means 31GB for storage. It's really small amount of
disc space when you have 20 people in class doing some real job (eg.
computing slope for Czech Republic using DMT with 25m resolution will
produce in GRASS more than 700MB of temp data) it's very easy to reach
"out of space" message.

I was thinking how to solve this situation without buying new unit
(there should be model with 120GB). I can see two options:

1) mount directory from remote pc via sshd
2) buy external disc and connect with the unit

For 2) I have question, I found mostly hhd discs, then two "strange"
sshd dics, eg.
https://www.alza.cz/seagate-xbox-game-drive-2000gb-d3754694.htm?catid=28851842

Any idea, comments? Thanks! Martin

--