[Gisquick] GISQuick developer meeting

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at opengeolabs.cz
Fri Jun 21 02:42:58 PDT 2019

Hi all,

since things are moving, I would like to ask you, whether it would be
possible to meet during the week

8 - 12. July 2019

In Prague for one day and night

To discuss current status of development, further plans and status of
financial resources for now and for the future.

We have at least one, maybe two new coming developers, who are now
willing to push GISQuick further and it would be good to see each
other face to face.

About current financial status: Sofar the work is financed by
OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. We have one customer Mapotip.cz who is selling
mapping applications throughout Czech republic and that's all we have.
Although we are very thankful for this resource, we are aware, that is
not too big step towards GISQuick stability. Even it's only one
uncertain resource, it's an resource and we try to use it as
effectively as possible. We have two agreements: current development
with current (old - angular and OL3) libraries is financed from our
pocket and will be invoiced during winter.

Any further development (update of libraries - OL 6, Vue.js, QGIS 3,
new required features) will be payed on monthly-basis with agreed
budget. But this has one condition, we can not influence: Mapotip has
to sell the apps. We shall see during summer, how the situation will
develop and I'll keep you informed.

I believe I can promise you, that agreed work will be always payed -
in worst scenario - by OpenGeoLabs. No work should remain unpaied. But
it's not certain, whether we will have to stop the work in next two
months or whether we will continue for next 2 years. I'm sorry for
promoting your expectations too high in my last e-mails. This is
conclusion from our last meeting. Next time, I have take "the sales
man factor" in to account.

Still, we should be prepared (and look for other resources too) and
the meeting would be useful.

Can you come? Still interested in GISQuick?

Thank you all for current and past work on GISQuick!

Jáchym

P.S. I'm sending this to public mailing list too, in case, someone
else want's to join or maybe as resources to help with GISQuick's
suitability.
--
Jachym Cepicky
firma: OpenGeoLabs s.r.o.

OpenGeoLabs s.r.o. - Open Source software pro GIS • Vývoj •
Poradenství • Školení