[GRASS-ABM] GPLv3 Draft

North, Michael north at anl.gov
Fri Jan 20 14:44:59 EST 2006

We need to remember the spirit of the GPL, namely that if you use GPL'ed
software as a component in new software then the new software should
also be GPL'ed.  Ways around this intent, if there are any, are
unintended loopholes.  As to the question of whether or not there are
such loopholes, I'd simply say that some authors of the GPL are noted
attorneys and all of them have thought about the GPL for a long time.
It is unlikely that there are many mistakes.

Mike

SWIG