Testing a Kriging program...

Chris Skelly chris at mqatmos.cic.mq.edu.au
Wed Apr 1 13:39:34 EST 1992

Hello out there,

Well I have now got a "working" kriging program for GRASS.
I have put "working" in quotes because I'm not sure how to
evaluate whether its doing what it is supposed to be doing.

I have passed the visual stage, i.e. the maps look like what
I would expect in terms of pattern and the pattern is
similar to that which is produced from the inverse distance
algorithm.  However, there must be a better method for gauging
whether it is working...????

Does anyone have a test data set that has been well used and
evaluated over time...one that they might use to test
something that they have written?  Other suggestions?

cheers,
chris		<--- "@mqatmos.cic.mq.edu.au"

p.s. When I'm fairly confident that it is doing what it should
     be doing, anyone who wants a kriging routine for GRASS and
     the variogram analysis routines that I've written are more
     than welcome to them.