s.voronoi

murray bent algebras at cc.uq.oz.au
Mon Apr 13 01:07:32 EDT 1992

> ... I would think that there are other ways around the
> problem, for example never going to polygons in the first place.  How
> about building a network instead of a bunch of polygons.  You should never
> have to re-build any given segment more than once anyway.  if you are,
> I would think you are doing twice the necessary work.

 	Could you please spell out the correct way to create a network in
GRASS ? Often , I do not create areas properly if I don't resort to poly-
gons. Each area appears to need a unique node,  as a rule. If I permute
the points in one of the area lines there's no problem.
	That is,   A 4  0 0  0 1   1 1  0 0      and
 		   A 4  0 0  0 1  -1 -1    0 0
will not form 2 areas , but the permutation
 		   A 4  0 1  -1 -1    0 0  0 1  will work, but this is still
a polygon representation duplicating line 00 01.

	Where is the correct protocol for a network representation ?

					Murray