switch

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed Aug 5 19:35:27 EDT 1992

| 1. HP-UX 8.0 has no system call for <switch>. This function looks awfully like
| that which is available through the csh interpreter.
| Is it defined somewhere in GRASS src? We can't find it.

Both the C language and the csh (/bin/csh) have a switch construct.
Since you can "find" it I assume you are running a script that is
written for /bin/csh but either don't have /bin/csh on your system
or if you do, the script is begin give to another interpreter (ie shell)
like /bin/sh or /bin/ksh or /bin/*sh (ie some other interpreter).

If it is a shell script and you have /bin/csh try adding
#!/bin/csh -f
as the first line of the script.

Otherwise you don't have much choice but to modify/rewrite the script
for /bin/sh (or whater you have). The/bin/sh "equivalent" of switch
is the "case" stmt.