RIM , etc.

Ronald E. Thomas ront at niwot.CFNR.ColoState.EDU
Mon Aug 10 19:46:48 EDT 1992

Hello,

     I am attempting to use RIM via v.db.rim with multiple text fields;
currently the .read_vect option only allows for easy entry of 1 text field.

     I wrote an "awk" script that converts a dig_cats category file with
multiple categories:

      ( 63: ROMOroute 63  : Y : North Deer Mountain : FR53 :)

into a v.db.rim input file format:

      (
          attnum  63
          route   ROMOroute 63
          horses  Y
          name    North Deer Mountain
          plan    FR53
                                     )

using this awk program file:

#RIMIN
BEGIN {FS = ":"}
{OFS = "\n"}
{print "","attnum  "$1,"route  "$2,"horses  "$3,"name   "$4,"plan
"$5,"",""}

with the syntax: awk -f RIMIN /$MAPSET/dig_cats/file > rimin.file.

     The number of field 'groupings' produced is equal to the number of
labeled attributes.

     Then, using .query in v.db.rim to select all records, I used .print to
output all the records in the database in the list format.  The number of
field 'groupings' is equal to the number of line segments (seqnum).

     Can anyone help with a script file that will JOIN the additional text
fields to the output of v.db.rim?  (or does anyone want to re-write the C-
code for .read_vect in v.db.rim to allow for multiple text field import?)

(output from v.db.rim)                (output from awk program)

.add
seqnum  1                             attnum    1
attnum  1                             route     ROMOroute 1 route
route                                 name      North Deer Mountain
name                                  plan      FR53
plan                                  horses    Y
horses
vtype   L
refmap  trails.romo
east    XXXXXXXXXX
north   XXXXXXXXXX
.end

          (desired results for re-input into v.db.rim)
               .change
               seqnum    1
               attnum    1
               route     ROMOroute 1