Remote Xgrass

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at lut.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 18:41:07 EST 1992

Greetings

I posed the question some time ago of the possibility of having Xgrass
installed on a different machine from Grass itself (in our case, a Sparc and
a HP 9000-750, respectively). The consensus was that this would require minor
changes to some path specs in the Xgrass installation scripts. Having looked
a bit harder, I am not so sure. Eg, many of the Xgrass Makefiles look like they
are trying to link in the Grass lib files. I have no idea how to build an
executable whose dependencies reside on different machines. Any advice please?

--
Conn V Copas
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : +44 509 263171  ext 4164