No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Fri Dec 18 14:12:52 EST 1992

Newsgroups: info.grass.programmer
From: pirzyk at vinny.cecer.army.mil (Jim Pirzyk)
Subject: Re: Solaris2 grass compilation
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1992 19:12:50 GMT

In <9212181724.AA05041 at nps> peter%nps at cerl.cecer.army.mil (Peter N. Strong) writes:

>Is there anyone out there who has experience compiling grass on a Sun
>machine running Solaris 2.0?  I have heard rumors that Solaris 2.0 is

We have some Solaris 2.0 Machines here and the biggest problem with them
is keeping then up and running. One has rebooted 5 times in 2 days.

Grass4.1 does not run under Solaris2.0 (yes I know nobody out there has
grass4.1).

>not very robust, and that it would be better to wait for 2.1 to come
>out.  It is my understanding that certain machines like the SparcLX and
>a multiple cpu Sparc10 require Solaris 2.0 or greater, so we will be

The Sparc10 need SunOS 4.1.2 or greater, (which is also called Solaris 1.0.1)

The SPARCstation LX (& CLASSIC) run Solaris 2.1 (not 2.0, thank goodness).

As soon as I get a copy of Solaris 2.1 I plan on taking it on, (I have
a death wish :)

--
TAC System Administrator, US Army Corps of Engineers