Error in starting graphics monitor with openwindow version 3

Kenn Gardels gardels at ced.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:58:49 EDT 1992

> I am getting the following error when I tried to run the grass4.0
> under openwindows version 3. Any ideas? I never had problem with openwindow
> version 2.
>
> d.mon start=x2
> Graph_SetX: display :0.0 doesn't know font 9x15
> Please start graphics monitor <x2>.
>
> Srinivasan.
> srin at brcsun1.tamu.edu

Make sure you have OPENWINHOME set to the location of openwindows 3 on
your system.  The directory $OPENWINHOME/lib/fonts does include the
9x15 font.  Otherwise, you can modify .../grass4/src/display/devices/
XDRIVER/XDRIVER/Graph_Set.c to change the FONT to "fixed" (this is a
define near the beginning of the file).  Recompile and everything
should be fine.  Note that fixed is probably a better choice than 9x15
anyway, since it is guaranteed to exist everywhere.

-kenn