GRASS Concurrence

H Huang H.Huang at lut.ac.uk
Mon Jul 27 11:01:27 EDT 1992

Dear Greg Colello,

In our MUMS project(Multimedia User Modelling System), we are using GRASS as an
application for multi-user. I am only a beginner not an expert on GRASS. My
experience on GRASS concurrence is:

1). the Grass4.0 doesn't support one user's concurence. This means two or more
same users can't execute grass4.0 on one CPU(different terminal) at the same
time.
2). the Grass4.0 supports multi-user's concurrence.This means two or more
different users can execute grass4.0 on one CUP(different X terminal) at the
same time.You don't need to make many GRASS copies for this kind of concurrencr.
The only problem is one user can use "d.monS to stop anotherUs X graphic drive as
what I  said in my previous e-mail.

--

	/************************************************/
	/*	Haishan Huang				*/
	/*						*/
	/*	LUTCHI Research Centre			*/
	/*	Department of Computer studies		*/
	/*	Loughborough University of Technology	*/
	/*	Loughborough LE11 3TU			*/
	/*	Tel.  	(0509) 22 2936(Office)		*/
	/*		(0509) 22 2689(Lab.)            */
	/*	Fax:	(0509) 610815			*/