LINKED LIST IMPLEMENTATION in ANY GRASS PROGRAM

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Jun 4 10:04:41 EDT 1992

r.stats has a combination of a hash table and a linked list.
s.menu and related programs use linked lists. r.mapcalc
use btrees (which use malloc(), realloc(), free()).

Dave Gerdes recently wrote a linked-list library that may aid you.
It isn't part of 4.0 put perhaps he can be persuaded to put
it on moon.cecer.army.mil.

Michael

|I would like to know if a linked list list has been implemented in
|any GRASS program to date. If anyone knows of such a program, could
|you please let me know? Otherwise, does anyone anticipate any
|pitfalls in the idea? (in the context of memory allocation and freeing
|by G_malloc(), G_realloc() and free().) In fact, I am thinking of a
|3-dimentional linked list.

Michael