error during make of xgen code on Ultrix platform

Joe Vaughan jkv at dust.atmo.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 10 16:52:43 EDT 1992

Hello,
I recently set out to build the xgen parts within GRASS's src.related/xgen area.
All proceeded smoothly until the make tried to compile Table.c, at which point
it generated the following messages.

cc -O -Wf,-XNh2000 -Olimit 2000 -I/usr/include/Xm -I/usr/include      -DXAW_BC -D_NO_PRO
TO -DPRE_MOTIF_1_1 -c Table.c
ccom: Error: Table.c, line 164: syntax error
      static XmGetValueResource get_resources[] =
      --------------------------------------^
ccom: Error: Table.c, line 172: syntax error
                ((Cardinal) (((char *) (&(((XmTableWidget)0)-> table.marginWidth))) - ((
char *) 0))),
      -------------------^
ccom: Error: Table.c, line 174: redeclaration of _XmFromHorizontalPixels
          },{
      ----^
(ccom): Table.c, line 174: cannot recover from earlier errors: goodbye!
          },{
      ----^
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Can anyone tell me 1) Has this code dating from before December '91 become
obsolete, or has an error been corrected in xgen since that time?

2) Do I need to actually be running GRASS ( i.e. have the shell variables
defined when running GRASS available ) to complete the make operation?

3) Does this look like a system specific bug cropping up?

Any help is appreciated!

Joe Vaughan