critical values of statistics

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue May 5 07:16:52 EDT 1992

I'm adding some spatial statistics capabilities to grass and would
really like to include the ability to calculate critical values of
statistics in order to facilitate hypothesis testing (and to avoid
making the user look up stuff in tables of a stat book).

I've tried sci.math.stat, statlib (briefly), and comp.lang.c for info.
Since there are a fair number of experienced programmers on this list,
I was hoping that someone could provide useful suggestions.

Particularly, I'm looking at z statistics, Shapiro-Wilk coefficients
and critical values, K-S statistics, and possibly Chi-square. Has
anyone ever put any of these into programs? I assume that a practical
implementation would have to store tables, but are there any
public domain tables?

Darrell McCauley                Department of Ag Engr, Purdue Univ
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu         West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1146
** "Do what is important first, then what is urgent." (unknown) **