Vector fixes for RS6000

imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 1 13:59:24 EDT 1992

Hello,

I just downloaded the grass fixes for v.digit and the entire grass source
code. It took me about 6 hours to build it on our IBM RS/6000 320H (32 MB RAM
64 MB swap space)  I was told that the fixes to the problems we have been
experiencing were done, and on the moon.  Unfortunately, the problems we
have been  having still exist!  Some examples of problems we have been having
are detailed below.
v.to.rast:

 REGION
   north:  247136.74,   south:  244512.10
   east: 2815605.90,   west: 2813538.99
   rows: 80,   cols: 63,   total:    5040.00

Size of tmpfile 5040
Step 1: Calculating Areas...           ERROR: G_malloc: out of memory
d.vect:
	The display function only works if you have not run v.support.
        If you run v.support you get an out of memory error.
Does anyone have any vector program (v.*) working correctly on an RS/6000
running AIX 3.2 (X11R4)?  If you do can I get a copy of your executables
and or source files?

Thanks!

-Lee Thomas