GRASS ecological modeling environment

Ferdinando Villa villa at sparrow.bio.unipr.it
Thu Apr 1 04:58:13 EST 1993

I am GREATLY innterested in such a project. I worked on similar topics,
mostly individual-oriented models in island biogeography. I have a fair
experience as a UNIX C/C++ programmer and I am a PhD in Ecology with
hands-on experience in stochastic simulation. The problem is that I do not
have time to spare and I do not know if and when my situation will change
(working hard, for free, at the Institute like most Italian PhD laureates).

Please send me, if you have any, more info. I do not know if I will be
of much help but I hope so. Sure, consider me as a beta tester and
ecological consultant. Your project could save me from taking a similar
approach for a system I was planning to build.....   I also have some
phD friends wo are probably willing to share your effort. I will forward
them your message and they probably will get in touch with you.

If this can be of interest to you, I have some experience on massive
parallel computing on a Connection Machine (model 2). We have one
installed at Parma.

Please keep in touch. I will send you some publications of mine on this
subject if you give me your preferred mail address.

Best wishes and regards, Ferdinando.

--
Ferdinando Villa, dr.

Institute of Ecology                     Direct phone: +39-521-905615
University of Parma                               FAX: +39-521-905665
Viale delle Scienze                      e.mail: villa at sparrow.bio.unipr.it
43100 Parma, Italy                               villa at aida.eng.unipr.it